This two-day qualification is designed for learners with a responsibility for the care of children and babies on a professional level. The purpose of the qualification is for the learner to attain the knowledge and practical competence required to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training.
The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
The qualification is assessed both through practical demonstration and written assessment.
Who needs this qualification?
The qualification is designed for learners with a responsibility for the care of children and babies on a professional level. The purpose of the qualification is for the learner to attain the knowledge and practical competence required to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
Ofsted and the Early Years Foundation Stage
This two-day qualification fulfils the requirements for first aid training detailed in the Department of Education’s statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
A range of subjects is covered including
- Role of the Paediatric First Aider
- Primary Survey
- Resuscitation ( CPR including the safe use of an AED
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Allergic reactions including anaphylaxis
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Recovery Position
- Foreign Bodies
- Diabetic emergencies
- Febrile convulsions
- Extreme cold and heat
- Electrical incidents
- Paediatric First Aid Hand Book
About No Accident
An OFQAL Regulated Supplier of First Aid Training through First Aid Awards.
Corporate bundles available for 6 or more delegates
- In-house training can be arranged at your place of work
- Bespoke training package held at Boringdon Park Golf Club, for your company only. Coffee/Tea on arrival and throughout the day, Lunch from the Bar menu. Price £150 per person.
- Paediatric First Aid Training for all your staff